QA Tester / Quality Engineer Role
About Social Pinpoint
We are a fun, dynamic and high performing team running an exciting and rapidly expanding global business from right here in Newcastle, Australia.
As global leaders in the community engagement space, we provide government clients and consultants throughout Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA online tools to help their communities (people like you) have their say on projects that impact them.
To facilitate this we need people to help build our ambitious roadmap.
Grow your career and be part of a team that makes a REAL positive difference to people and their communities!
You are innovative, organised, self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills
Keen attention to detail and able to look at the big picture and bring new ideas to the table.
Work with peers inside and outside of the engineering team to ensure high quality releases.
Our 3 pillars Growth, Impact and Fun are two-way streets. We provide an environment to help you achieve your goals and you help us with ours.
Sound like you? Then read on ....
About Your New Job
We are seeking a quality engineer that works closely with product design and developers to create and maintain extensive quality test systems to scale.
This position is responsible for features quality and release. This work involves understanding usages, being part of feature design development, creating test plans, building automation tools, infrastructures and tests, executing test plans and reporting to management.
The position requires someone with a passion for learning and understanding our customer's domain.
Being a small team your voice and work directly shape our business.
You'll deliver a release direct to our clients in your first week here!
We're located in Hamilton - Newcastle and Tenerife - Brisbane, close to beaches, bars and boats. Flexible working conditions are offered.
- Experience as hands on Software QA Engineer
- Ability to identify good candidates for automation and creating white box tools
- Solid knowledge of and hands-on experience with different browsers, operating systems and devices
- Experience working with cross functional teams to understand requirements and perform all tasks related to product quality
- Care about user experience
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Ability to communicate with and guide/support non-technical users
- Strong experience in test automation using Selenium, Cypress, Robot etc.
- Worked and/or implemented CI in existing projects
- AWS, Azure or other cloud platform experience
- Agile methodologies
Why Social Pinpoint
Social Pinpoint is an exciting business experiencing rapid growth in a growing market (Govtech, Smart Cities)
We are SUPER passionate about digital democracies and smart city initiatives.
We believe that technology is rapidly changing how our governments and countries operate and run.
Our software helps hundreds of projects a year (and growing) inform and involve their communities in decisions that affect them. https://www.socialpinpoint.com/projects/
We pay market rates based on experience and bonus/equity are an option for the right candidates.