Product UX/UI Designer
As a UX/UI Designer at Social Pinpoint, you will be a critical member of our team taking charge of the interaction between users and our product. You’ll be someone who is passionate and committed to crafting beautiful software products with a focus on the best user experience.
Great products are built as a team and here you will have the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary team located in multiple offices on a variety of projects. These range from small feature updates to complete system redesigns. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers, UI Designers, business team members and more to get multiple perspectives/feedback on your designs from different viewpoints.
Each project will require you to develop a deep understanding of our users, use this research to define problems and work closely with UI Designers and Product Leads to craft workflows and interfaces to address those problems. You will be expected to conduct user research, participate in team meetings, present your work and collaborate with stakeholders. For this reason, we expect great communication skills.
- Communication: As a designer you will be communicating with a variety of project stakeholders and effective communication is a must. You must be able to clearly communicate your thinking visually and verbally.
- Teamwork: You need to work well with others and have an open mind. We expect you to communicate often, be honest and take initiative when appropriate.
- Passion: Do you love what you do? We do and also want to work with others that do. We expect you to be self-motivated, challenge yourself and continuously learn without having to push you into it. This will include learning things outside your area of expertise.
- Excellence: Quality > Quantity. Our products doesn’t need 100s of features, it may only need 5 very well designed and built features to keep our users happy. If you’re focused on excellence, everything else will take care of itself.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: As much as we are an established company, at the rate we’re improving and changing, we operate more like a startup. We strive to improve and be the industry leaders at all times and we need you to have the spirit to be with us through the ups and downs and join us in this journey to the top.
Sound like you? Then read on ….
- Develop a deep understanding of users through user research.
We’ll expect you to develop a deep understanding of our users, their goals, pains and motivations. This will involve user research, developing personas, and more.
- Design workflows and wireframes with UI Designers and Product Managers.
This will involve sketching ideas, wire-framing, prototyping and presenting ideas for feedback. Some of the tools we use include Sketch, Figma and InVision. You will also be designing interfaces yourself at times and as such, skills in using these tools are important.
- Document your work.
You’ll be required to clearly document your research and designs to ensure no information is lost and others can get up to speed with your work.
- Remain up-to-date with the industry’s latest trends and standards.
The world is changing at a rapid pace and so is the art of software design. To stay ahead of the curve, we expect you to learn, study, research and grow all the time.
- Work independently.
We believe in people and trust. As such, MySite operates very much like a startup where teams are self-organising and independent in their work. You should be able to work independently, speak up when you need help and help others when needed.
Why Social Pinpoint?
We are a fun, dynamic and high performing team running an exciting and rapidly expanding global business right here in Newcastle, Australia.
To facilitate this we need people to help build our ambitious roadmap. Grow your career and be part of a team that makes real and lasting change to people and their communities!
We pay market rates based on experience and bonus/equity are an option for the right candidates.
We’re located in Hamilton – Newcastle, close to beaches & bars. Flexible working conditions are offered.
Social Pinpoint is part of the Mysite Group. We have a suite of 3 products. Outside of Social Pinpoint, we also have Consultation Manager (https://www.consultationmanager.com) and Norbit (https://norbit.com.au) and you will have opportunities to contribute across them all.