DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Social Pinpoint is a fun, dynamic and high performing team running a rapidly expanding global business right here in beautiful Newcastle, Australia.
As global leaders in the community engagement space, we provide government, infrastructure and consultants in Australia, New Zealand, North America and the UK online tools to help people (just like you) have their say on projects that impact them and make better decisions for their communities.
We have an ambitious roadmap, are are looking for great talent to add to our team. Grow your career with some of the latest technologies and join a company that makes a real positive difference to people and their communities!
About the role
We have a solid roadmap that includes building next generations of our current product suite.
We develop in an agile SCRUM inspired environment and deliver value to our clients in collaboration with our Product Discovery teams and Product Managers.
You will be working in modern SAAS based multi-region deployed systems.
We look for these Technical Proficiencies
Experience with Terraform: Ideally on both AWS and Azure environments. Including Terraform Cloud and modularising terraform libraries.
Driving adoption of Infrastructure as code: Including containerisation and overseeing monitoring, DR and automating backups.
Experience with CI/CD Release & Pipelines: Working with development team to automate all areas of deployment and testing (Bitbucket Pipelines, BuildKite or similar).
Experience with Docker: Including docker compose and implementing docker into development, testing and deployment scenarios.
Experience monitoring costs: You are committed to reviewing costs and ensuring our cloud spend is optimal for our deployment requirements.
Committed to staying informed: DevOps is a rapidly changing profession and we expect our engineers to stay informed and up to date and relay information to our Product Management and Delivery teams.
Exposure to Elastic Search: We utilise elastic for advanced search in our architecture and exposure is a plus.
Location and Hours
This role is located in Newcastle
This is a fulltime role
We are after someone with a few years experience in DevOps or open to a developer with a passion and interest to move into a DevOps role.
We look for these Personal Qualities
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Successful outcomes are never achieved alone. You need to work well with others and be accountable for your work. We also expect you to communicate often, be honest and take initiative when appropriate. You will be working openly using modern collaborative platforms.
- Passion for Learning: You need to love what you do. We expect you to always be motivated, challenge yourself and continuously learn without having to push you into it. This will include learning things outside your area of expertise and making others around you better.
- Talent and Courage: We aim to produce great outcomes. When solving problems, we expect creativity and a focus on the end user. We want you to have tough conversations if things are not right and the courage to ask when you don’t know.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: As much as we are an established company, at the rate we’re improving and changing, we operate more like a startup. We strive to improve and be the industry leaders at all times and we need you to have the spirit and positivity to be with us through the ups and downs and join us in this journey to the top.
We offer the following company benefits
- Health and wellbeing: We will contribute to gym memberships and other health related activities.
- Learning and Training: We set key performance results based on ensuring you continue to learn and up-skill in your chosen areas of interest.
- Positions to grow: Mysite owns and operates multiple business units focusing on community and government, marketing communications and property management. There is multiple opportunities to move into senior positions as well as sideways into other business verticals.
- Competitive Remuneration and Incentive Plans: With consistent review cycles